If you meet the criteria mentioned above, you can apply for NDIS via the following methods:
- 1. Call the NDIS on 1800-800-110 and follow these steps:
- a.Ask for an Access Request Form.
- b.Fill the form with all relevant and accurate details.
- c.Send the form via email to [email protected].
- 2. You can also contact your Local Area Coordinator or NDIA offices. Then follow the steps of requesting the form and submitting it as directed. You can find the nearest facilities here
As part of the application and verification process, you or your family, caregiver, or support consultant will be asked the following:
- To confirm your identity and/or the identity of the person who can act in your stead.
- Eligibility questions such as age, disability, and form of residency in Australia.
- Consent for the NDIS program.
- Consent for the verification procedure by contacting third-parties for information.
- Consent for your current disability support provider to share your information.
Once you have requested for the Access form, you may be asked about the impact of the disability in your daily life. You may also be asked to provide a signed form from your health professional.
The NDIS program is an excellent means to avail support for your disability.